CLUB DE TENNIS ÎLE DES SŒURS FOUNDATION
YOUR CLUB IS COMMITTED TO SUPPORT FUTURE CHAMPIONS!
Starting in 2010, in line with the strategic objectives of Tennis Canada, Club de tennis Île des Soeurs created a dedicated fund to focus on the development of young talented players and help them achieve their dream: Perform as a Champion! This Fund’s mission is to enlarge the number of potential young players showing competitive strength in order to eventually participate to major tournaments, from regional to international levels.
The Fund also supports the different Club de tennis Île des Soeurs Smash Club Junior Training Center’s objectives, i.e.,
- Support to the community through tennis initiation for little kids at school during their gym session or at the city park to raise their interest for tennis ;
- Support to initiation by bringing together kids showing high potential and encourage them to play tennis on a regular basis and familiarize themselves with high performance tennis training;
- Support detection and development by contributing to the future of a high potential player in providing ongoing training, development and participation to tournaments ;
- Support to performance and excellence by providing financial assistance to the performance and progress of our Top Level players.
Some meaningful figures about the Junior Training Center of Club de tennis Île des Soeurs:
- Since 2001, the training center facilitates annually the apprenticeship of tennis to more than 700 youngster from 3 to 17 years old going from mini-tennis to advanced levels ;
- Smash Club MD – high performance training center – trains annually over 120 youngster from 6 to 17 years old through its development, improvement and advanced training programs.
- Summer day camps entertain annually over 500 kids from 5 to 17 years old.